Okay, before we start off, we want to make something clear. We know it's all about balance and moderation. As a healthy protein brand, we don't want to sound like we're telling you to go and stuff your face with Cadbury's (other brands are available) and start having chocolate for breakfast.
So with our chocolate powder having just recently taken the market by storm and another new product coming soon (keep your eyes peeled), we thought we'd delve into the positive side of chocolate and share the plethora of benefits that a little bit of cocoa can provide to your body and your day.
Here's five simple reasons why a dose of chocolate every now and then can be a good thing for you:
- It’s an incredible source of antioxidants: your body’s protectors. Antioxidants (read here for more) help to combat free radical damage that contributes to ageing, heart disease, cancer, Alzheimer’s, and other diseases.
- Aaaaand Breathe: There's a very good reason why chocolate is often the last thing we eat before we brush our teeth and rest our head. It contains plenty of serotonin and magnesium,both of which are linked to stress-relief and the release of feel good hormones to make you feel happier.
- Hearty and Healthy: Some studies have even shown a link between chocolate consumption and heart health. How lovely.
- Surprisingly Nutritious! A 100-gram bar of dark chocolate with 70–85% cocoa contains as much as 11 grams of fibre, 67% of the RDI for iron and over 50% of the RDI for magnesium, copper and manganese.
- A Wise Choice: Dark chocolate has also been shown to have benefits for the function of your brain by improving the blood flow to your noggin so maybe it's a wise choice (literally) after all!
🤐PSSSTTTT! Don't forget to keep your eyes peeled for any chocolate-related releases over the next month or so (cough, cough).🤐