As we very slowly and even more reluctantly wave farewell to the summer of 2018 (and what a summer it was!) and the mornings start getting ever so slightly cooler, what better time to get into the healthy routine of having a hot, creamy and protein-enriched bowl of oats every morning that will keep you full for hours?
That's exactly what our lovely customer and lifestyle blogger, Chloé, has got into the habit of doing each morning before going to the gym (insert round of applause here) and she's been kind enough to share her recipe with us so we can pass it on to all of our wonderful BeVivers.
What You'll Need:
- 2 small scoops of Peanut Butter Protein Powder from Vive (Vegan)
- Your usual amount of oats
- 1 carrot
- Almond milk
- Cinnamon and ginger
- Nut butter (I use almond butter for this recipe)
All You Need to Do:
- Peel the carrot, cut some thin slivers for later and grate the rest of the carrot.
- Add the milk, oats, carrot, ginger and cinnamon onto a saucepan over medium heat.
- Once you have the right consistency, add 2 scoops of Vive's plant protein powder (20grams). I've used Peanut Butter flavour but they come in three flavours (chocolate, peanut butter and smooth natural).
- Stir whilst it’s cooking. Add a bit of water if the mixture is getting too thick.
- Once you’re happy with the consistency, pour into a bowl.
- Add a spoon of nut butter, the carrot slivers and add more cinnamon if you’d like. You can also top your porridge with raisins or coconut.
- Enjoy whilst it's warm!
If you're interested to discover more and love Chloé's recipe, you can find many more healthy protein recipes (yes, including some of our rivals) as well as interesting blogs about fitness, travel and other lifestyle pieces on her website here or discover more on Instagram (@cleoh03).
P.S. Don't forget to tag us in your protein recipes online or send them to us (we're always happy to read them and even happier to share them with our amazing people - you guys)!