Ahhh Christmas. A season for giving, sharing and spending time with family. And for the intern in the accounts team to really embarrass himself at the work Christmas do. As our advent calendars get lighter by the day and the stories about the intern’s antics become ever so more elaborate, we have an increasing number of temptations to live, let’s say, slightly less healthily. The aforementioned work do. Wine, crackers and cheese. Lots of chocolate.
Now, we wouldn’t want to preach to you or make you feel guilty for having a good bit of festive fun and letting yourself loose at the end of a hard year, indeed it can even be good to have a switch-off period. We just want to make it easier to balance the festivities with your healthy lifestyle and have some fun in the kitchen with your family.
That’s why we’ve come up with a cute Christmas pudding recipe that you can follow to make some tasty protein-enriched mini Christmas puddings for your adoring family (and even Santa). Get your Christmas aprons on, spend some quality time with your family and wow your guests with the coolest Christmas puddings around.
All you’ll need:
- 2 scoops of Vive’s Smooth Natural protein powder
- Handful of dates.
- Handful of almonds
- ½ handful of other nuts (your choice)
- ½ handful of raisins
- Some dried cranberries
- Sprinkle of Christmas flavourings (vary as you like): e.g. Cinnamon, ginger, coconut sprinkles.
250g white chocolate
Festive decoration of your choice (strawberry jam, raspberry, cranberry, anything)
- Cashews (soak in water for softness)
- 2 tbsp of coconut nectar/maple syrup
- 100ml milk (almond/soy/rice/oat)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Festive decoration of your choice (strawberry jam, raspberry, cranberry, anything)
All you have to do is:
- Use a blender to mix all of the ingredients from Part 1 together until they form a nice, soft texture.
- Roll these into your best spherical pudding shapes before allowing them to cool.
- Whilst they cool, you can work on your glazing for the top. For the white chocolate coating, simply melt the chocolate and then lightly apply a layer to the top of each pudding once they have cooled. For the vegan-friendly coating, simply mix all of the ingredients in your blender, add milk for your desired consistency and then coat the top of each pudding.
- Once your glazing has settled on each pudding like a fresh blanket of snow, have a bite, share them around and be prepared to be asked for the recipe!